Be it ever so humble …

This Associated Press story qualifies for one of the stranger stories I have heard recently:

WICHITA, Kan. — A 35-year-old woman who sat on her boyfriend’s toilet for so long that her body was stuck to the seat by the time he called police had a phobia about leaving the bathroom, the boyfriend said.

Dorothy, this is Kansas.

The weirdest story involving a toilet in which I knew someone involved — with the exception of that unfortunate incident last year – my friend has only spoken once to me since then — happened back in the late 1970s to one of my former elementary school teachers. It seems she was sitting on the toilet and lit up a cigarette, causing her house to explode. The cause was believed to be a build-up of methane gas. Fortunately, she survived and seemed fine when I talked to her about five years or so later. It just underscores the point, cigarettes can be dangerous. And methane is no picnic either!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *